Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Catching up.....

The last month and a half I was working for a small (one person) company that makes white water river gear. I was sewing bags of varying sizes and shapes which although wasn't extremely enjoyable, was a good learning experience. I have been wanting to improve my sewing skills and have been contemplating going into production making bicycle touring bags. I impulsively bought an industrial sewing machine and just finished my first project on it.  I made a one person, light weight (15 oz.) tent, something I've been wanting to make for quite a while. It's not the prettiest thing but it should serve me well. 




Winter is still going strong here, I'm used to the mild and short, almost non-existent California winters where you can still ride your bike on trails, or at least dirt roads. I tried going on a ride today, but came across more snow and mud than is allotted for an enjoyable ride. So it looks like we'll have to continue heading south for fun. 

In other news, next week I start my new job at Absolute Bikes. Pretty excited to be working in town (last job was 7.5 miles away), and to be working on bikes with cool folks. I took this week off, to go riding or backpacking, not sure which, but I will be sure to post some photos of whatever I do. 

No comments: